Thursday, March 19, 2009

SO AM I AN INTERNET GEEK?


someone at work asked me this: what is the time now?
i did set my watch +20m or more
so i know that looking to my watch isn't accurate
so i said: i'll check it to know the exact time
and i logged in to www.worldtime.zone.com
and told her:
come and look, the exact time is ..

she looked at the monitor and then at me and laughed
she said: anyone will answer this simple question by a simple 1 or 2 words, NO ONE ever will do the effort to search online just to check the time

I didn't want to say inaccurate answer, plus it didn't take me time or effort to check a website

SO AM I AN INTERNET GEEK?
"a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Wikipedia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm.. mayb not really an "Internet Geek",
it's just that the internet has occupied a remarkable space in our daily activities recently, as any needed info is now available at our fingertips by one slight click..
I myself, am used 2 check the weather on regular basis via weather.yahoo.com, reading the newspapers and some articles online, but honestly i never reached the point where i had 2 check a site 2 get an accurate timing:)

Evronia said...

yes i actually logged on the net before to check the accurate timing :D and i know i'm an internet geek , it's not a bad thing :D (not necessarily coz i checked the time online then it means i am a geel) and i think if i were u i might've done the same.. however, i don't set my watch +20 min.. why did u do this btw :D :D? i sometimes set it +5 or +3 but nor 20 ! does this have to do with being a geek ? loool

bo2bo2 said...

actually no if u were, you'dve typed "what is the time in alexandria egypt" in your chrome address bar to get the time as the first google result