Sunday, October 2, 2011

I have her face

An old man came running to me shaked my hand and said "You must be her daughter, you have her face", my sister and i frozed for a second, he introduced himself, a third cousin to my mother.
Legacy is the keyword here, what is left of you after death?????
When people still keep your face in their memory and your presence in their heart years after your death, it means you are a special person.
The love that i see in people's eyes for her is overwhelming, it makes me feel proud to be this very special woman's daughter.
This is not the first time it happens, in weddings i meet far relatives and acquaintances for the first time, and they always knew who I am before i spell my name "you must be her daughter, you have her face"
It's haunting me now ...
was it only her face that i have or more? I wish i have a bit of her soul too
 

No comments: