Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy or Satisfied?


I'm thinking a lot about one question:
Am I happy with what i have done in my life?
it's birthday syndrome (LOOOOL)
every year i think about this issue when i feel that my birthday is getting closer
so one day i was talking to one friend and posed the question:
are you happy with what you have done with your life?
we talked a lot and then later i was talking to another friend just a chitchat when she suddenly asked me the same question
so making a quick survey
A is me, B is my first friend, C is my second friend
what is in common between us:
- we almost the same age
what is the differences between us:
- A & C are females, B is a male
- A & B live in egypt among family and friend, C lives alone abroad
- A & B work in the IT field, C works in the Marketing field
- B & C bought new car in the past months
so we can say that we are 3 different types of people, 3 different lives
but we had the same answer to this question
"thank god for all his blessings BUT...."
there are more that we aim to, or think of having it
we don't think we reach the point of total happiness
we are just satisfy with our lives at this point, every one of us is grateful to god blessings and BELIEVES that he/she lives a good life
but we use the word good instead of using average
we live an average life
so is this unsettled status happened because we are bad persons, or because life is different
ex: my father was a GM before being 30 years old, can i be GM before my 50?
that's the question; is what happening around us affect negatively our progress and growing? or you can set your mind to do whatever you want?
does life accomplishments count or it's vain talking?
what's success? happiness?
what are the standards? what are the boundaries between average, good and superb?
so what if we can't be Bill Gates? will our lives be average or good?
what the right thing to do: be satisfy with what you have /or/ aim to have more to be happy?
share me your thoughts

2 comments:

Marianna said...

As per as I'm the freind "C", I'm still searching for the answer.
A freind of mine told me one day that if really I'm satisfy with God's gifts so I have to be happy, because how come I'm thanking God for his gifts every day in my prayer and still not happy ?!!
So I asked this question to Rania because I feel guilty towards God because as much as he gave me I'm still not happy.
In other words, is this what asking about is just a feeling because i'm far from my family or it's a fact?? I'm still confused between happiness and satisfaction.

Anonymous said...

actually i was gonna type a very long story now....but...in brief keda w 3alshan matawelsh :)
i found the answer in wa3za .... (and it came in a very right time "for me")
the secret of happiness is
(el shokr)
abona 2al stories ktiira gedan...en if u have 7aga we7sha awi awi thank God..Coz simply u could have had the worst..but it's God;s Heart that gave u just that

as for wishes and dreams....from my very humble experience,,i could say.. that there's no limit for dreams ...whenever u have a dream..u'll pray (aw not u r free:D) u'll reach it....then u wont be satisfied.. u'll dream of the greatest..and so on ..as u said... either u'll be bill gates or not.. u won't be satisfied...
==============================

so ..tab3an no7ot a dream..bas neshkor....3alshan nefra7
n0isy_angel